Skip to main content

Dear first time mother's


#Repost  - @BUMP BABY + CO

When you become a mum the first time...

  • some people may push you to do things their way. 
  • Make you think your clueless & you will deal with a lot of unnecessary bullshit, judgement & opinions! 
because everyone seems to have an opinion about what’s best & what is wrong or offensive. You will feel completely overwhelmed & exhausted but honestly I never a met a new mum who hasn’t.
.
  • You breastfeed in public, it’s offensive.
  • You breastfeed your child for what people consider is to long it’s offensive.
  • You don’t breastfeed for long enough, you’re not trying hard enough.
  • You bottle feed it’s offensive.
  • You co-sleep it’s offensive.
  • You have a routine you’re to controlling.
  • You have a natural birth you’re trying to be to much of a hero.
  • You have a cesarean & you’re“too posh to push”.
  • You have lost your baby weight to fast.
  • You haven’t lost your baby weight fast enough.
  • You’re a stay at home mum, you’ve given up all your dreams.
  • You’re a working mum & you’re selfish.
.
Seriously this is a never-ending list & there is always going to be someone offended or judgemental when it comes to the choices you make as a mother. The biggest lesson I have learnt & the best advice I can give you as a first time Mum is “PROTECT YOUR ENERGY”.
.
You don’t owe anyone an explanation for the choices you make. People will judge you no matter what you do but you have the power & you have the right to do what works for you & your baby.
.
So enjoy this roller coaster ride, there will be a lot of ups & downs but I promise you it’s one bloody amazing ride!!!.
.
Love from a Momma who’s been there!!! Xx.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day

My favourite gift that I'll forever cherish To my darling daughter.... I am blessed to be chosen by God to be your mother; i have wanted you for so long! (ask your dad) ha ha. I am amazed by you on a daily basis, you have changed me to become a better me and you've taken my love on another level, an unconditional love that i have felt since the moment i knew i was gonna become a mommy. So, me celebrating this day (as a mom)  wouldn't be possible if i didn't have you in my life! Therefore i will ALWAYS spend this day with you my princess. Mommy loves you very much. Gifts for GG, mom, mother in-law that also came with flowers, chocolate and cheesecake. Mother's day breakfast at my mom's house It was also our GG Nana 78th birthday Thanks sis Celina for helping me cook breakfast for everyone My reason i get to celebrate this special day. I love you my baby!

Relatable

My lioness

my fierce princess